Friday, October 4, 2013

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





The Benny Imura Series by Jonathan Maberry

I read the books in this series back to back.  I have to admit that I could barely put down the first two books in the series, Rot & Ruin and Dust & Decay.  However, the third book, Flesh & Bone, shifted a little.  I'm not saying it wasn't good, it just wasn't as good as the first two books for me.  The villains changed and we had to learn a whole new set of motives behind the new bad guys' actions.  You might think that since this is a zombie series, that they are the bad guys, but they're not.  Not really anyway.  Sure the zombies are dangerous and they kill, eat, and infect a lot of people in the book.  The difference is that they are not evil.  They are mindless and are just doing their thing.  They aren't malevolent and malicious.  For that, you have to look to the living humans.   The final book, Fire & Ash, was the book that took me the longest to finish.  I enjoyed it, but some of the plot seemed to be wrapped up a little too quickly for me.  Overall, I recommend this series.  It is fast paced and action packed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment