Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Young Adult Literature - Amulet: The Stonekeeper

Kibuishi, K. (2008). Amulet:The Stonekeeper. New York: Graphix.

I was surprised that I enjoyed reading Amulet as much as I did.  I am not usually interested in graphic novels; however, I thought the story for this book was interesting.  My only complaint was that it was short.  It left me wanting more, and it left me wanting more details in the story.  I think that it would definitely be a book that teens would enjoy.

After losing their father in a car accident, Emily and Navin move with their mom to a house that has been in the family for generations.  On their first night in the creepy, abandoned house, their mother is kidnapped by a strange creature in the basement.  Emily and Navin must use the powers of an amulet that Emily found to free their mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment