Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

 


Beautiful Darkness is the second book in the Beautiful Creatures series.  At first, I was not impressed with this book.  During the first part of the book, Ethan spends most of this time trying to drag Lena out of a very dark depression.  She believes that she is going dark, because she feels so much guilt over the death of her uncle, Macon.  She believes that by saving Ethan with The Book of Moons, she killed her uncle.  However, just when Lena's darkness was really starting to bore me, the book got more interesting.  Lena pushes Ethan away and runs off with John Breed, an "incubus/caster creature."  Ethan, along with Link, and his new friend Liv embark on a chase through the Caster Tunnels to try to save Lena from herself and her mother before it is too late.

Parts of this book were predictable, and parts seemed to drag on longer than they should, but I did enjoy this book once I got into it.  However, there isn't a whole lot that I can go into without giving away some major spoilers.  I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series, but after this emotional rollercoaster, I feel like I need to step back and read something else first, so I'm going to take a short break from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment