Sunday, August 21, 2011

Young Adult Literature - The Maze Runner

Dashner, James. The maze runner . New York: Delacorte Press, 2009. Print.
 
The Maze Runner is an extremely fast paced book.  Thomas wakes up in a strange place called The Glade, with no memory of his past or how he got there.  He discovers that the other teenage boys who live there have spent the past two years trying to escape through a giant maze.  The day after Thomas arrives, a girl is also sent through the strange elevator with a warning that everything will change and that she is the last.  Her arrival triggers a strange turn of events.  Thomas knows that he must find a way out of the maze before it's too late.
I loved this book.  I had a hard time putting it down.  I was hooked from the very beginning and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. 

2 comments:

  1. This is the best book teen book ive read in a long time (since the last harry potter). I cooked a hundred different ideas in my head why the kids were stuck in the glade, i'm pretty good at predicting book plots (if i do say so myself) but i was in the dark the whole time. The characters were funny and likeable and real. I couldn't put the book down, and when i did i found myself thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait to read the other two in the series.

    ReplyDelete