Friday, July 15, 2011

Owl Moon

Yolen, J. (1987). Owl moon . New York: Philomel Books.
 
Owl Moon  is a Caldecott book, and also a 1989 - 1990 Texas Bluebonnet Winner.
 
Personal Reaction:
Owl Moon is about a little girl going to the woods at night with her Pa to look for owls.  I really liked this book, mainly because it brought back memories from my own childhood.  When we would go to our camp house on the Sabine River, if we heard an owl, my dad would always answer it.  It was fascinating to listen to the owl call back to him.  This book reminded me of how excited my brother and I would get when we listened to the owl's call as it got closer.  The beautiful illustrations and the story add to the excitement the little girl is feeling as she contains herself on her first owling trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment