Friday, July 22, 2011

The Lightning Thief Graphic Novel

Venditti, Robert, Rick Riordan, and Attila Futaki. Percy Jackson and the lightning thief: the graphic novel. London: Puffin, 2010. Print.
I read The Lightning Thief:  The Graphic Novel for my Young Adult Literature class in the fall. 
Summary:
The story focuses on Percy Jackson as he discovers that his father was the Poseidon, the God of the Sea.  In order to save the world, Percy and his friends have to find the lightning bolt that has been stolen from Zeus.  They travel to LA and go to the underworld to confront Hades.  However, they later discover that Ares was the one who stole the lightning.  Percy returns the lightning to Zeus and becomes a hero.
Personal Reaction:
The story was interesting, but I have not read the full length novel or seen the movie.  This was my first experience with Percy Jackson and his adventures.  I enjoyed reading the story, but some of the illustrations left some gaps in the story for me.  I think I would have enjoyed the story more if I had read the novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment