Friday, July 20, 2012

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



I have wanted to read this series for a long time, but it just seems I never have enough time.  Finally, I picked up the first book in The Mortal Instruments series.  The Mortal Instrument Series will have six books total when it is finished.  Currently, five have been published and the final book is expected in March 2014.  Personally, I like long series, so that isn't a problem for me, but I know that some people prefer not to commit themselves to them.

City of Bones introduces the reader to Clary, who lives alone with her mother.  Clary seems to be just an ordinary teenager who hangs out with her bestfriend, Simon.  All of that changes one night when she goes to a club and witnesses a murder by a group of teenagers.  Strangely though, only she can see the three murderers, and the victim disappears when they kill him.  She soon learns that the group are Shadowhunters.  Jace, Alec, and Isabelle kill demons.  Clary becomes caught up with the trio when her mother is kidnapped by a demon and Clary is attacked. 

I really enjoyed this book.  It was very fast-paced and I couldn't stop turning the pages to find out what would happen next.  There is a huge twist at the end, and I can't wait to pick up the next book in this series.  There are a lot of intricate plot details that I can't discuss without giving away too much of the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment