Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ender's Game


I wasn't sure if I should blog about this book or not, since I didn't actually finish it.  This is a book that most boys would enjoy, but it just wasn't for me.  I have heard many great things about it over the years, but I just got bogged down too much in military strategy and training to finish it.  Parts of the book were very interesting, which is why I made it as far as I did through it. 
In the far future, Earth is preparing to defend itself from another alien invasion.  To prepare, the military is training child geniuses to be the next starship commanders and soldiers.  Ender Wiggins is taken from his family at the age of 6 to train.  He soon shoots up the ranks to command his own army.  He may be the last hope of the human race, but in reality, he is still just a child trying to cope with the world around him and the monster he fears he will become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment