Friday, July 20, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth


One Choice Can Transform You...

Okay, so I've been really busy lately, and I've gotten behind in my blogging.  But, just because I have been busy, doesn't mean I haven't been reading.  This will be the first of three books I'm blogging about today, so be sure and check back a little later for the rest of my posts.  Insurgent is the sequel to Divergent, which I blogged about recently.  Often sequels do not live up to the first book.  I absolutely loved Divergent, so I was a little worried about starting this books.  Also, it is the second in a trilogy, and I have no idea when the final book is expected, so I was hesitant to read this book.  I was afraid that it would leave me hanging at a crucial point in the story (like Catching Fire did). 

One Choice Can Destroy You...

I found that this book definitely lived up to Divergent.  Roth picks her story back up right after the end of Divergent, so it is easy to immerse yourself back into the story.  I hope that the final book will do the same.  This book does leave you with a slight cliff hanger, but it does wrap up a major part of the conflict.  I am looking forward to the next book in this series.  Tris and Tobias (Four), are at odds through much of this book, but their inner conflicts add depth to each of their characters. 

Overall, this is a series that is definitely worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment