Sunday, December 25, 2011

Holiday Break Reading Challenge - Day 10

Today's Challenge:
We all have books that are special to us. Today's challenge is to choose a book or books that you have received as a gift/gifts that mean something special to you.

I couldn't just pick one book for this challenge.  There were three books that I received for Christmas presents in consecutive years.  My parents knew how much books meant to me; they are both readers and they instilled their love of reading in me.  They know I love the classics, but they also know how much I love fantasy and science fiction.   One year I received The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe and The Complete Works of William Shakespeare!  I was so excited!  Another year, I received Legends, which was a book that I had been wanting for awhile.  It had all of my favorite fantasy authors in it.  Another year, I received a two volume set of Jane Austen's works. 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome that your parents encouraged your reading! I have the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe and William Shakespeare. I totally forgot about Jane Austen who is my absolute favorite author! Ooops!
    Julie(Edifying)

    ReplyDelete