Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Break Reading Challenge - Day 7

Today's Challenge:

For this activity we want you to dig through your memory and come up with your favorite character of the year.  It doesn't have to be a book released this year, but it has to be a character you read about this year. Create a post and come back and link it using the Simply Linked at the bottom of this post.

This is a difficult challenge for me since I tend to love so many of the characters I read about it.  However, the one who keeps coming back to me, as I try to sift through the huge number of books that I've read this year, is Katniss Everdeen.


Katniss is everything I like in a character.  She is a strong person, but she isn't perfect.  She makes mistakes, but usually when she is least comfortable with herself, her true self takes over and she does the right thing.  I am really looking forward to seeing the movie, yet at the same time, I am wary of movie versions of books that I like.




I just hope that the movie does it justice and that it doesn't saturate everything until we're sick of it.  It seems that has almost happened to Twilight lately.  I also hope that the actress who plays Katniss will be able to portray her as a strong, likeable character. 

I guess I'll have to wait until March to find out!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent choice of character! I love Katniss' character. I too hope they don't mess up the movie. The trailer looks great though!

    Julie(Edifying)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny that we both picked Katniss. I also had a hard time deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that in Mockingjay, she finally goes bonkers. And I really hope they don't mess up the movie. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete