Monday, December 31, 2012

Holiday Break Reading Challenge - Top 12 YA Books of 2012


Today's challenge was very difficult for me!  I had to choose my top 12 books of 2012.  I decided to focus only on Young Adult novels, eventhough I have read some great adult novels this year, such as all of Gillian Flynn's books, Stephen King's new book, A Game of Thrones, the Outlander series, etc.

My Top 12 YA Books of 2012:

#12
I love a good mystery!  This book kept me guessing about who killed Lindsey, eventhough the ending could have used a little work.
 
 
#11

I thought this book was thought provoking, and action-packed.  I am looking forward to the sequel.

#10
I love John Green!  He always seems to have such realistic, intelligent characters.  This book was no exception. 

#9
Shadows is the sequel to Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick.  I love this series, and I can't wait for the third book in the trilogy!

#8
 
After reading Anna Dressed in Blood, I could not wait to read this book!  It was almost as good as the first one, but not quite.
 
#7
 

It seems I have a lot of trilogies on my list!  I love this series!  I can't wait to read the next one.  This book definitely lived up to the first book in the series!

#6

Here is another great trilogy, and another second book that definitely lived up to my expectations.  If you haven't read this series, you should.  It's definitely thought-provoking, and full of action.

#5


This book by Courtney Summers, surprised me, because I did not expect to like it as much as I did.  I am not sure if this will be a series or not, but I have to say that I sort of hope that it isn't.  I like the open-ended nature of this book.

#4

I could not put this book down.  Ilsa J. Bick is very descriptive and gory in this book, but you can't help but keep reading to find out what will happen to Alex, Tom and Ellie!

#3
Last year, my top choice for 2011 was The Hunger Games, this series is unique, but it also reminds me of The Hunger Games because of the dystopian society, and the intensity of the action.  It was a great read!

#2

This book was shocking, and thought-provoking.  I love a good book that makes you think!

And Finally.....My #1 Book of 2012



I loved this book because it was so different from most YA books I've read recently.  It was truly terrifying and gory in places, but it was such a page-turner that I flew through it.  The characters were interesting, the plot was unpredictable, and the imagery was unique.  I love a good scary story!  This was one that had me sitting up late to finish, and then not being able to sleep because I kept thinking it over! 

Well, that's it!  Now, I'd better publish this post before I start second guessing myself and making changes! 

1 comment:

  1. Anna Dressed in Blood is one that I wanted on my list. From my memory, it made it, but I went by my Goodreads stars and I had only given it 4. My new approach this year is to be more generous with my star ratings, which allow my memory to play a bigger role. After all, a good book is one that sticks with you.

    ReplyDelete