Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holiday Reading Break - Day 14- Favorite Book Turned Into a Movie

 

Today's challenge was very difficult for me.  I am supposed to share a favorite book that has been turned into a movie. The example that was given for today was Pride and Prejudice, which is one of my favorites as well, but the movie version I like is the Keira Knightly version:
 
I thought I might list a few of my favorite books to movies in no particular order:
 
The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper - although this movie is not very true to the book, I really enjoyed this movie.
 

 
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I love this book, and I love this movie.  The movie leave a lot out, but it is so well-done, that it is a masterpiece in its own right.
 
 
 

Gone With the Wind  by Margaret Mitchell - Once again, this is one of those movies that stands apart from its book.  It is a classic on its own, even though it leaves a lot out that is in the book.

 
 
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins -  I was extremely excited about this movie.  I am glad to see that it did not disappoint me!
 

 
 
 
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - Really, I have to say that I am impressed with the entire Lord of the Rings movie versions, but I'll stick with this one for now, since it is the newest!
 
 
 
And finally, I love the Harry Potter movie/book series.  I thought I'd pick the last one, since it impressed me the most.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  by JK Rowling
 
 And that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to great movie/book adaptations!

 
 


3 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa a lot of good choices! Gone with the Wind most definitely! Loved the book and loved the movie, you are correct "both classics!" I thought they did a great job with The Hunger Games also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too hard to just choose one! There are others that are really great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, you thought of a bunch! Last of the Mohicans was very well done on film. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete